using a home replacement should i...Support

Last Updated:

1. mykeldrip

mykeldrip Member This Topic's Starter

(before question shout out to how great home ++ is) ok so i've tried ish some home replacements before(and by tried i mean installed didnt like look or quite get it and uninstall(when i first got phone)). i started to youtube home++ became very intrested and installed it and love it so far! great alternative i think everyone should try it out! ok now to question this is my first time posting so hello all! now that i have home++ installed i notice that my original "home screen" is always running in the background,so is there a way to "deactivate"(for lack of better terminology). doesnt it take up cpu/gpu resources and then new home screen does also in turn draining battery or slowing phone down? if no way to deactivate should i goto original and turn off stuff like live wallpapers and also remove any widgets that update regularly so i dont have it running twice? sorry if this is a dumb question just kind of new to home screen replacements! Ty for the help!

Advertisement
  2. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

Can you please use the Enter button next time?
    This is almost impossible to read, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Thx :)

On topic: the launcher will always be running, nothing to do about it. Even if you kill it with a task killer it'll auto reboot

3. rookie1082

rookie1082 Well-Known Member

I had the same question a while back... No way to really "deactivate" the old home screen.. So what I did was took off all widgets, icons, etc. Left the old homescreen completely blank. I noticed this helped battery life and smoothness of the home++.

I wish someone would make a custom rom with ONLY home++ as the homescreen.

4. mykeldrip

mykeldrip Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys for the quick responses! FLT-idk whats wrong on my end....hmmmmi really dont know whats wrong it did not even post my entire reply.... but for some reason its just not working i hit enter it shows that i do but when i post viola one big jumbled mess sorry!

5. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

Hehe np, was just kidding :D

I see you're new so maybe you need some time getting used to it ;)

6. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Well-Known Member

I have Home++ installed and after reading this want to go back in to the original homescreen and delete all the widgets from it. How can I do this?

Edit: done it now.
    Hopefully that will save me some battery life.

7. glennjr15

glennjr15 Member

Do "live wallpapers" work for anyone? For the life of me, I cannot get one to work on Home ++