• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using a Micro SD card slot to store apps?

Rooting is something that I'd like to avoid, at least for now. I'm completely new to the Android scene and I'm not going to lie, I'm worried about screwing something up at some point while rooting the phone.

Well as I said above then without root or the apps aren't sd compatible you have no options since they'll have to sit in your internal storage. With such large internal space as well I wouldn't worry about it filling up quick. Most apps that require additional data download are automatically put on your card anyway.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Hmm. well how big of a chance is there that just rooting the phone wil brick it?

Very low if you follow the guide and create a backup, creating a backup basically guarantees that is anything goes wrong you can just revert back to your previous system. So the chances of your phone being a useless hunk of plastic is theoretically Zero.

Also here you go: Samsung Galaxy Steller All-Things-Root

Upvote 0
My Stellar SCH-1200 has an internal memory of 1.85gb. For some reason, at about 800mb, I get the "will not install pop-up". I have only 25 apps on the phone. My phone is rooted and I have had success moving files from SDCard[0] to extSDCard.

The phone says I have 1.1GB free space on the internal memory.

What gives?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones