Using a Micro SD card slot to store apps?

1. AGZealot

AGZealot Member

So I can't find a way to do this and right now my phone doesn't have any good ways to have it rooted. Is there any other way that I can move my apps over to an SD card so that they don't take up my already very limited 1.73 Gb of memory?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I wouldn't call 1.73GB limited, but if you are concerned i can try and help you out.

If you could tell us what phone you have i can better help you with your issue :)

Thanks!
  3. AGZealot

AGZealot Member

It is to me since I'd like to get NOVA 3 :p. The whole idea for me using an SD card for it was to store Apps on it, along with music and movies But the phone that I have is a Samsung Galaxy Stellar.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Well to be quite honest if the apps aren't sd compatible, really don't have any options unless you do root and force to sd.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  5. AGZealot

AGZealot Member

Rooting is something that I'd like to avoid, at least for now. I'm completely new to the Android scene and I'm not going to lie, I'm worried about screwing something up at some point while rooting the phone.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I have 1.8GB phone memory and I have over 150 apps. Almost 200. I won't say 1.76GB is limited. One thing you must consider is that Android apps in general are smaller than their iPhone counterparts, even if its the same app
  7. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Well as I said above then without root or the apps aren't sd compatible you have no options since they'll have to sit in your internal storage. With such large internal space as well I wouldn't worry about it filling up quick. Most apps that require additional data download are automatically put on your card anyway.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  8. AGZealot

AGZealot Member

Hmm. well how big of a chance is there that just rooting the phone wil brick it?
  9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Very low if you follow the guide and create a backup, creating a backup basically guarantees that is anything goes wrong you can just revert back to your previous system. So the chances of your phone being a useless hunk of plastic is theoretically Zero.

Also here you go: Samsung Galaxy Steller All-Things-Root
  10. oopsibrokeit

oopsibrokeit Well-Known Member

Titainum backup pro has saved my bacon several times,and once rooted you can rid yourself of those pesky apps you don't want or use.
  11. gplumley

gplumley New Member

My Stellar SCH-1200 has an internal memory of 1.85gb. For some reason, at about 800mb, I get the "will not install pop-up". I have only 25 apps on the phone. My phone is rooted and I have had success moving files from SDCard[0] to extSDCard.

The phone says I have 1.1GB free space on the internal memory.

What gives?