1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Using a ps3 pad with Nexus 10

1. androidMatt27

androidMatt27 Member

Having a nightmare trying to play games on my nexus 10 using the onscreen controls, so I'd like to use my ps3 pad... however to use it wirelessly I need to root my tablet. That's just not an option for me, so I was wandering if I could just simply connect my ps3 pad using an otg USB cable?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Yes you can connect it with an otg cable. I have a nexus 7 and connect this way, however you may find that unless it is a branded controller ( I have to use ps3 six axis) the nexus may not recognise it and also bear in mind that not all games are compatible with a controller.
    androidMatt27 likes this.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

As Anne stated, realize that some games might not work with this controller.

However I believe that OTG is support on the Nexus 7 so it might be a 50/50 chance but you could always send back the cable.
    androidMatt27 likes this.
  4. androidMatt27

androidMatt27 Member

Thanx for your reply... What games have you used it for? I'm hoping it'll work with vice city
  5. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

I've mainly used it for fps games like Dead Trigger and Shadowgun. Its worth trying on any of them, otg cables aren't expensive to buy. Amazon have a huge range of them.