using a rooted phone to make a gold card

Last Updated:

1. LABRAT

LABRAT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i rooted my phone the other week no probs at all there.. my phone was sim free and unbranded so was relativly easy..

my mate at work wants to root his phone but its a 3uk branded contact phone.. we tried every thing but it looks like he will be needing a gold card..

he's a bit thick so i said id make him one..

now the problem...

i have apps2sd running on my phone and when i unmout my memory card and remove it (so i can insert the card ill be using to make the gold card with) my phone reboots itself and hangs on the hero screen..

it does this as soon as my sd card is removed... regardless of wether or not i put his card in..

putting my card back in and pulling the batery and rebooting puts everything back to normal..

is it the apps2sd card causing this or somthing else?

sorry for length

cheers

simon

edit...

just yhought if someone else is running a rooted phone with apps2sd and maybe running villain 5,3 maybe they could try unmounting there sd card and removing it,, and see if the same thing happens for them..

any feedback greatly apreciated.. :0)

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yeah, that's probably the exact reason. Perhaps you can find a custom ROM that doesn't enable apps2sd and switch to that. Then when you're done, nandroid restore back to your ROM?

3. LABRAT

LABRAT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

cheers xtiro..

sod that .. ive spent enough time flashing roms and reinstalling setting up my phone for a while..

i curently have him trying to get flashrec and the recovery screen working so he can try flashing a custom rooted rom without being rooted before hand..

if that fails he will have to give me his phone for a day while i sort it all out for him...