• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using a Top-Up Card question

jp3515,

When I ported my number from Verizon a few months ago, there was no charge. My contract with them had already expired, so no charge of any kind. Also, if you did not have a PIN set up with Verizon, they use the last 4 numbers of your SSN, iirc. I did not have to even tell them that I was leaving for another carrier. When VM ported my Verizon number, that closed my account with Verizon, and I got a final prorated bill from them for the short amount of usage I had from the start of the month (I had switched to VM after my Verizon month had already started). All was good.

Reactions: jp3515
Upvote 0
jp3515,

When I ported my number from Verizon a few months ago, there was no charge. My contract with them had already expired, so no charge of any kind. Also, if you did not have a PIN set up with Verizon, they use the last 4 numbers of your SSN, iirc. I did not have to even tell them that I was leaving for another carrier. When VM ported my Verizon number, that closed my account with Verizon, and I got a final prorated bill from them for the short amount of usage I had from the start of the month (I had switched to VM after my Verizon month had already started). All was good.

I never contacted ATT, my contract just ended when I ported the numbers over. Strangely enough I actually got a refund check from ATT for $0.97. It is still on my counter in the kitchen - I haven't made it to the bank to cash that windfall yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones