• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using an Android phone via Computer?

Tearlow

Lurker
Jun 13, 2010
Hey guys ('n Gals!)

This may or may not be so related to Android as an OS but a question regarding the HFP-Protocal that comes with Bluetooth. Basically the idea is to Connect your Phone to your computer, using the headset/speakers instead of the phone itself.

I can get it as far as Playback but when it comes to recording I'am not at all sure. Since I have two sound cards installed currently I was assuming it defaulted the Playback to the first soundcard but recording to the other. See the issue here?

Problem is I cannot find Any related solutions or even help about it- Is there a way to select the Source of which is used for Playback and Recording individually? As I really need to be able to split these two up, if not with the applications that comes with is there any Android applications that could do this instead maybe?

Thanks in advance,

-T

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones