Using Android for work?!Support

Last Updated:

1. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks.

I work with a cable company, and every morning i am handed 40 addresses to go to throughout the day. I see everyone else in the office with map books and photo copiers, but i know there must be a way to plan my route with GPS and an Android app.

I use google maps all the time, along with google navigator.

I need to find an app that i can enter a bunch of addresses into, and it finds a route, and has a GPS interface, or atleast gives me the best order of addresses so i can then plot them into GPS seperately.

Any ideas here??

This would help me out big time!!!!

thanks, Luke

Advertisement
  2. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

I know for gmaps online, if you have your address, and send it to your email, then when u check your email on the phone and open the link, gmaps will open and I think you can nivaigate from there.

3. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so figure out the route and email it to myself beforehand?

4. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Google Maps has the "Navigate" option which acts like a car-GPS. It's pretty crappy but it works. On the X10 make sure your phone stays "awake" or the app will quit! This is actually pretty dumb.

5. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

Google maps have now it own navigation system and it worked perfectly on my x10 the phone never sleeps when it's on. It was slow only the first time i used it but sin e then i used it quite often and it never failed me

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Last two posters... read his original post. He already uses maps and navigator. He's looking for a route planner.

Edit Have just asked OH who is in transport industry and there are expensive pc programmes that will do this kind of planning but he didn't think there would be one for android... too complicated.

I am always happy to be proved wrong tho!!!