• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using Android in my car

Drinky Crow

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
So I went to hook my phone to a USB cord in my car that can charge and play music at the same time. Problem being now is that this USB jack is meant to recognize iPods and not Androids so I have no way of playing music. (I recently changed from iPhone to Android phone) Is there some sort of app I can find that will trick the car into thinking it's an iPod and play the music from my Android phone? It would be Much Appreciated.

well the usb port on most android devices is used strictly for charging and transferring data back and forth between it compared to an iPod/ iPhone where it is used for all multimedia purposes. If you have an auxilery port on your header then you would be able to use a male to male 3.5 mm headphone jack, but other than that there isn't much you can do, but maybe get a FM transmitter, but I don't think that you can use the usb port for that purpose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones