Using App Inventor

Discussion in 'App Inventor' started by mrbcullen, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mrbcullen

mrbcullen New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I have a very specific questiong that I was hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I hope to be running App Inventor in a network that is fairly locked down and so the permissions that are needed on the client (windows 7 in my case) side are of a worry. For example oes it need to be able to write to system drive or run other executibles etc.

Does anyone know what they are or where I can find some documentation relating to this?

Advertisement

2. HowDoiUseAndro

HowDoiUseAndro Well-Known Member

App Inventor is not back up yet: App Inventor

When I used it in the past, you only needed to access local files when you were downloaded the APK file when you finished.

3. mrbcullen

mrbcullen New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know it's not back yet although MIT seem to be aiming for mid April. I was toying with the idea of deploying it myself but to be honest I think it will just be easier to wait a month and a half!

The reason I ask now is it just takes so long to get anything setup I would like to be ready when they do open it up to the public!

4. androidAI

androidAI New Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Hey guys, I don't think you need to set up a network since MIT released it's beta version of AI. I can't submit a link here because this is my first post, but you go here: appinventor dot mit dot edu

5. appinventor

appinventor Active Member

Mar 25, 2012
    handyman, caregiver, retired computer programmer
    Louisiana, USA