Using apps I've bought for my Desire on Desire HD?

Last Updated:

1. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm painfully considering selling my Desire and making the jump to the Desire HD.
    A bit annoying since I've only had it since around May, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for upgrade models I guess.

The plan is to sell my sim free Desire to fund my purchase of the HD.

So first of all, if there's any glaring reasons why this is absurd - as my instinct is telling me - feel free to call me on it and show me why I should just keep my remarkable Desire and that the HD would be a negligible upgrade.

But moving on to the topic: this is probably a silly question, but am I right to assume that apps I've bought are obviously linked to my Google account from purchase, and so I can simply redownload them on whatever new Android phone I'd get...?
    Thanks!

As a little side note, does anyone else enter into a fit of giggling when they receive a text with the sad face? The Android sad face just looks ridiculous to me, in a way that's okay, but just very funny to me for some reason

Advertisement
  2. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...does nobody know?

3. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

They are linked to your Google account so no worries!!

Take a good hard look at the HD forum here and judge carefully before buying!!

4. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

i realise this but isn't that very low level "security"?

in theory, i could take any android device from my friends, enter my gmail details, (re)download my paid for apps to their devic and then remove my account.

or am i being stupid?*

* i do realise that the answer is yes but it was a rhetorical question after all...

5. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Its the first account used to sign in when first setting up the phone. you'd need t owipe the phone but to got your mates account back on you'd need to wipe again

6. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Edit:

Just say Eddy's post. ;)