• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using AZERTY layout with English/American language

To do so, go to 'Settings', 'Language & Keyboard', 'Touch Input', 'International keyboard'.
There you will find a list of languages. Just select the one you want (and unselect all the other ones) and there you go, azerty keyboard (if you chose French, Dutch, or any other language which default keyboard is azerty)

Upvote 0
To do so, go to 'Settings', 'Language & Keyboard', 'Touch Input', 'International keyboard'.
There you will find a list of languages. Just select the one you want (and unselect all the other ones) and there you go, azerty keyboard (if you chose French, Dutch, or any other language which default keyboard is azerty)

Indeed, it switches to azerty for French, but not for Dutch or English.
When I hit the "switch language button" on the keyboard, the keyboard layout changes too! How can this ever be handy ? :mad: Oh this is sooooo stupid.

The keyboard layout should be configurable and they stay fixed regardless of the dictionnary language. (OK, I imagine some exceptional uses may exist like switching between chinese and english where you would just need another keyboard layout.)

Upvote 0
Indeed, it switches to azerty for French, but not for Dutch or English.
When I hit the "switch language button" on the keyboard, the keyboard layout changes too! How can this ever be handy ? :mad: Oh this is sooooo stupid.

The keyboard layout should be configurable and they stay fixed regardless of the dictionnary language. (OK, I imagine some exceptional uses may exist like switching between chinese and english where you would just need another keyboard layout.)

Way to ignore my post.
Swiftkey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones