Using BB v 0.4 but still getting OTA Froyo???

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Basically what the title says. I'm running BB v 0.4, but today got a notice saying that an update is ready for download / install. There is no "ignore forever" button and I'm getting tired of hitting "Install later"

Solution?

Advertisement
  2. Rand0m

Rand0m Member

Having the same problem. Any way to get around this?

3. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

4. Rand0m

Rand0m Member

I'm hesitant to use that mainly because of the problems associated with it. People have lost root after installing that patch. I've heard that Clockwork blocks the install but I'd rather not find out on my own.

5. Schex13

Schex13 Well-Known Member

It seemed like Pete modified the original OTA blocker. I'm running BB .4 but got the OTA notification this morning. I installed it through Clockwork, rebooted, and it's fine. CPU went from 500 mhz back to 800 mhz (I'm using his stock kernel) and the update icon showed up after rebooting but then went away on it's own. I'd say his patch fixed it and didn't break anything on mine, just make sure you use the most current file linked on his site which is stopota1.zip.

6. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

Just accept it, and then clockwork recovery will block it. It won't bother you again.

Rand0m likes this.
  7. Rand0m

Rand0m Member

Went for it and hit accept. Nothing happened, notification is gone. Thank you.

8. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

According to other similar posts, you will likely get the update again in a few days and have to repeat the process again and again, until you either a) flash a custom ROM from a newer build, or b) install the patch that Pete offers.

For the record, I installed the patch yesterday after receiving the OTA, flashed the patch and then accepted the update. I had to re-install Swype, but other than that I still have root and I'm still overclocked at 1.1 GHz on a very nice, themed Bugless Evolution.

9. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

patch works.. no blood no foul on Pete