Using Bluetooth with Sipdroid wireless callsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. frazelle09

frazelle09 Active Member This Topic's Starter

After much struggling i finally got my Plantronic Voyager 815 to work with my G1. Actually i was the dork, but at least it's working now. It works alright with regular telephone calls through my Telcel provider and now i'm trying to figure out if it will work with Sipdroid internet calls.

Anybody have this working? Is it even possible? Would i have to root the phone / install an external antenna / obtain a Ham radio operator license?

Have a great afternoon! :)

Advertisement
  2. Fingerlickin

Fingerlickin Member

I'm gunna go with the HAM radio idea....

HEHE, ok ummmm. Sipdroid actually uses the audio drivers in media mode so bluetooth won't have the phone profile active while sipdroid is running. If there is a way to get around this you would need to have root access. I am not aware of a work around for this yet.

3. frazelle09

frazelle09 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Fingerlinckin, thanks for such a quick reply! i really appreciate it. i was afraid something like that was happening. Hmm. Maybe i can post a request on the Sipdroid forum.

Have a great evening and thanks again! :)

4. MountainX

MountainX Well-Known Member

I have Sipdroid and VoIP working great on my Droid -- except when using a headset. I have a wired headset. The best solution I have found so far is to plug the headset in after the call is started. If I do that, everything works.

If I have the headset plugged in before the call starts, there is usually no sound. However, yesterday I had it working that way. I can't get back to that today and I'm not sure what steps made it work yesterday.