1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

using calendar as alarm

Last Updated:

1. webgrunt

webgrunt New Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched for days to try to find a solution to this but nothing is quite right. My old phone I had my work schedule set in my calendar with a reminder set to use as my alarm so I never had to worry about setting it the night before. I was able to set up profiles so when I slept the only sounds I got were the phone ringing and my reminder from the calendar. With Android the calendar, sms, and email volume is all tied together so of I want my calendar alert loud (which I do) the sms and email have to be as well. I don't want a random email waking me up in the middle of the night either. This seems like an easy thing to do but I can't find anything to solve it.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

This is one thing I miss coming from windows phones, they have time schedules so you can turn off your email syncing at night.

What I do, I have a widget on the homescreen to turn off the Mobile Network (3g). When you turn that off, your email wont sync, so I just hit it at night before I go to bed. Since I'm not going to be using the Net while sleeping, it doesnt really bother anything.

3. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

Gemini calendar in the market does it.

4. fangorious

fangorious Guest

I believe the Alarm app (rather than calendar reminder sounds) will still sound when the phone is in silent mode.

5. Tanaista

Tanaista New Member

that is useless in this context. we want a schedule that integrates with our alarm and actually works but does not allow every text or email to wake us. this is stupid and has been a problem on Droid for years.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

First, thanks for bumping a thread that is over a year old.

Second, you can absolutely have that. If you dont want texts at night, you can turn your phone to airplane mode, or get one of the MANY apps what will silent texts until you wake up. If you don't want email to wake you, turn off your email sync before you go to bed, or just turn off your data connection.

7. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

"Calendar reminder" will turn calendar events into an alarm.
    Also notification volume is separate from alarm volume and has been for years. There are several Apps that can adjust the volume on a schedule available in the market.