• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

using calendar as alarm

webgrunt

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
I have searched for days to try to find a solution to this but nothing is quite right. My old phone I had my work schedule set in my calendar with a reminder set to use as my alarm so I never had to worry about setting it the night before. I was able to set up profiles so when I slept the only sounds I got were the phone ringing and my reminder from the calendar. With Android the calendar, sms, and email volume is all tied together so of I want my calendar alert loud (which I do) the sms and email have to be as well. I don't want a random email waking me up in the middle of the night either. This seems like an easy thing to do but I can't find anything to solve it.

This is one thing I miss coming from windows phones, they have time schedules so you can turn off your email syncing at night.

What I do, I have a widget on the homescreen to turn off the Mobile Network (3g). When you turn that off, your email wont sync, so I just hit it at night before I go to bed. Since I'm not going to be using the Net while sleeping, it doesnt really bother anything.

Upvote 0
that is useless in this context. we want a schedule that integrates with our alarm and actually works but does not allow every text or email to wake us. this is stupid and has been a problem on Droid for years.

First, thanks for bumping a thread that is over a year old.

Second, you can absolutely have that. If you dont want texts at night, you can turn your phone to airplane mode, or get one of the MANY apps what will silent texts until you wake up. If you don't want email to wake you, turn off your email sync before you go to bed, or just turn off your data connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones