Using Captivate as actual phone

Last Updated:

1. ericisamazing

ericisamazing New Member This Topic's Starter

When I hit the Phone "app" it brings me directly to the dialpad with the numbers. Is it possible to change the default to show the call log or my contacts instead? Or, like the iphone, show whatever it was on when I exited out of the app?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

There might be, but I am not sure how. But when you tap the phone button, it brings up the dial pad, but on the very top of that screen are phone option buttons, including call log, and contacts. You could also put a contacts button in the dock area and tap that to launch the contact menu, select who you wanna call, then call em.

3. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Instead of going to the phone, go to contacts, then you can direct dial (default number) by just swiping their contact entry to the right (swiping to the left opens a new email to them).

If you have a handful of common contacts, you can "star" them and add a folder to your Home Screen that opens them. Then it's just click-and-call.

Or even add Direct Dial contact shortcuts for contacts, that you simply tap once and it's off to the phone, already dialed!

Lots of neat options to call a contact.