Using default message app to send MMS no pics

Last Updated:

1. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to do this? I know with MMS the txt limit is much greater than 160 Char.

Haven't been able to really find out how to do it, just attach a slideshow and have slide one say everything I want it to?

Advertisement
  2. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

I want to do that as well. I want to send an mms without a picture to get around the 160 character limit. The limit is 1000 characters with mms.

3. Jim Dawson

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

What I do is use handcent and it will automatically split the message into two messages if I go over the 160 characters. It is the easiest for me and the quickest. Also the mms cost more than sms.

5. Jim Dawson

That may be the best answer, I'll try it.

VZW told me that I have unlimited text and picture messaging so mms shouldn't cost me anything extra.

Thanks for the Handcent suggestion.

6. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Just remember to go into both messanger settings. Stock messanger to turn off all notifications(basically turning it off) or you will get double notifications and the handcent to customize to your needs,in the setting you will find the option to auto split messages. Plus handcent will to antimated mms that the stock will not.

7. Jim Dawson

Thanks for the tips.

8. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Having messages automatically split on the sender's end may be easier, but it results in multiple messages on the recipient's end, which I hear can sometimes arrive in the wrong order. Sending an MMS message results in a single message on the recipient's end.

9. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

exactly, 1 I don't have unlimited messages, 2 MMS and SMS costs the same on my plan, 3 I don't want to send X different messages to say one thing so the handcent option is out the window. I'll just go with the add subject option mentioned in the link.