using default 'sound player' appSupport

Last Updated:

1. skopel

skopel New Member This Topic's Starter

I like to start from "my files" to play downloaded podcasts because from the music player app they are hard to find, being mixed in with a bunch of songs. When I click on an mp3 file from "My files" I am offered "sound player" as a choice to play the file. So I choose "sound player" and it works fine. The problem is that when I get a phone call or for whatever reason I have to leave the sound player app, I can't get back to it. I doesn't show up in "task manager" and there is no icon/listing for it in the applications list. So my question is: where can I start "sound player" from? ie how do I start it so I can get back to my podcast without having to lose my place and start from the beginning. Where is this app stored? and is there a file I can click on to start it up? My facinate is rooted.

Alternatively is there any way to get "music player" listed as the default player for mp3 files?

Finally, and I realize this is a lot of questions, but they are all related. Is there any way to access the "download history" listing, and other system applications such as "media scanner", "sound player" "video player" and "download history"?
    Thanks a bunch

Advertisement
  2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

What happens when you long-press the home button after being interrupted by a phone call in the middle of a podcast? It should bring up the latest applications you've used, with Sound Player as one of them. If Sound Player isn't listed, then My Files will be listed, and if you tap on it, and it should take you back to the Sound Player.

There is an icon in the application tray for "video player" that I see... Do you not see it?

Let me know if that works for you.