• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using dial code *#7465625# is your carrier-branded phone SIM Locked?

Using dial code *#7465625# is your carrier-branded phone SIM Locked?

• 3 branded, Locked

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 3 branded, Unlocked

• T-Mobile branded, Locked

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • T-Mobile branded, Unlocked

• O2 branded, Locked

• O2 branded, Unlocked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange branded, Locked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange branded, Unlocked

• Vodafone branded, Locked

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Vodafone branded, Unlocked

• Other branded, Locked

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other branded, Unlocked

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

davoid

Android Expert
Aug 3, 2011
London
If you dial the code *#7465625# into your dialer a screen will display, telling you whether Network Lock is ON or OFF. I wanted to compile statistics about which networks are locking their branded phones.

I am on 3UK, and my branded phone is SIM UNLOCKED!

2012-06-03142136.png

Is your branded Galaxy SIII SIM locked?

Reactions: kiddzi
I got the same info on the screen as the pic u posted after I put the code, does that mean that my device is unlocked??? I got the phone from 3 too, and they told me that the device is locked to their network!

Did you get it from a three store or online?
I got it from a store and it says locked :( And i hate that logo appearing when i switch on my phone.

Upvote 0
Did you get it from a three store or online?
I got it from a store and it says locked :( And i hate that logo appearing when i switch on my phone.

I got it from store, and they told me that it's locked and that they don't know yet when they can get the unlocking codes. I've just now tried putting an international sim on my S3 and it worked just fine!! I guess I got lucky!
what does it say when you put the code into your device? Can you upload a screen shot just to see if it's different from the one I got.
By the way, I also have the 3 logo every time I boot up the device, it might worth trying putting a non- 3 sim in your device and see if it works.

Upvote 0
I got it from store, and they told me that it's locked and that they don't know yet when they can get the unlocking codes. I've just now tried putting an international sim on my S3 and it worked just fine!! I guess I got lucky!
what does it say when you put the code into your device? Can you upload a screen shot just to see if it's different from the one I got.
By the way, I also have the 3 logo every time I boot up the device, it might worth trying putting a non- 3 sim in your device and see if it works.

Hey,

It is the same pic as all the others here but obn network lock the option is ON :(
Although my previous phone (2 years ago) was unlocked and didnt have a logo anywhere

Upvote 0
I was wondering guys, does anyone of you have an option in the settings that says "developer options" where you can test things such as cpu usage and showing touches inputs on the screen? I have these options and I'm starting to think that I might have got a developers phone, not a regular consumer phone (and that's why it's unlocked)

Upvote 0
I was wondering guys, does anyone of you have an option in the settings that says "developer options" where you can test things such as cpu usage and showing touches inputs on the screen? I have these options and I'm starting to think that I might have got a developers phone, not a regular consumer phone (and that's why it's unlocked)

They all have this option

Upvote 0
I expect if you further expand your survey to ask which colour handsets are unlocked you will probably find it is the pearl blue in the majority!
I say that as I pre-ordered mine at launch but due to the delay I expect they just sent out the handsets unlocked on arrival rather than losing more time in their own warehouse carrying out network personalising and locking the handsets.
If I was anything to go by then they probably did not want the hassle of irate customers constantly calling and complaining which has worked out for me as the handset is network unlocked and no Three logo to be seen anywhere on or in the handset!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones