using droid wifi

Last Updated:

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how do i use wifi on my droid? does it automaticly choose the best between wifi or 3g when i get on the net? if im on the net how do i know which one im using (wifi or 3g?) does an icon show which one is in use? Also is wifi better than 3g? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Wifi is typically faster unless your in a public wifi with a lot people on it. It will switch to remembered wifi connections automatically when you come in range with them and the wifi icon will replace the 3g icon.

3. starnesc

starnesc Member

That is my experience at home. The 3G is replaced by the wifi icon and is generally faster.

4. ronjcar

ronjcar Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a way to turn the wifi on only when it picks up a certain router. Is that true? If so, how do I do it. Also, when I am away from that router will the wifi turn itself off until I am within range of the set wifi?

Just picked up my Droid yesterday, so I am sure questions and searches will be flowing. Thanks in advance.

Ron

5. starnesc

starnesc Member

It cannot pick up a router unless it is on. I would turn it off unless you have a known wifi in range and would like to use it.