Using Droid X in the Car

Last Updated:

1. jcdrake01

jcdrake01 Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting my Droid X on Thursday, and planning on buying the car dock, but I am not sure how to get the music from the phone to my car stereo. I have no luck with FM transmitters in my area, too few open channels, and no cassette tape to do that adapter. Does anyone have recommendations for car stereos I could buy that would connect to the Droid X easily? Any that can do it wirelessly?

Advertisement
  2. dano272

dano272 Member

Get a receiver capable of handling Bluetooth and then stream away. I do it now with a Sony head unit and my droid. Just a cord to charge. Nice and clean.

3. CCCC

CCCC Active Member

4. zappa420

zappa420 Active Member

i would suggest to use a wired connection for best quality and reliability.
    If your deck has an aux in then definitely pick up an audio cable with 2, 3.5mm male connectors, if not then i guess find a cheap deck with one? that's really the only options i know of.

5. jerryroy1

jerryroy1 New Member

I want to use my Droid X HDMI port and output it to my car stereo which is RCA? Anyone make a converter box for this? I had a 120 gb Zune but the Hard Drive died and the new Zune HD is only 64 gb so I would rather use my phone. I don't want to buy a whole separate device for music (and I don't want to pull the stereo out again). I use the existing zune cable with Droid X and can get audio without issue but no video :(

6. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member