Using either a Jawbone ERA or Samsung HM7000 bluetooth with a Verizon Galaxy NexusSupport

1. babyface441

babyface441 New Member

I'm new to this site, so be patient with me. I recently bought a couple of Verizon Galaxy Nexus phones for me and my wife. They are our first smart phones. So why do they make us feel so stupid. I also just purchased a couple of blue tooth earpieces on ebay. One is the newest Samsung HM7000 and the other the newest Jawbone ERA.

My first problem was using the phone without bluetooth trying to use the native voice dialer app on the phone. No matter how I spoke it did not recognize what I was saying. If a contact had three different numbers and I said, "Call John on mobile", and if I got real lucky and it actually understood me it showed all three of his numbers. Then, if I try to say again, "call John on mobile" nothing happens. Although, if I tap the number on the screen it will dial it. But, that is hardly voice dialing.

When I got the Samsung HM7000, I did not realize that Samsung did not have its newest Galaxy Nexus and newest bluetooth HM7000 support each other. You cannot use the Samsung FreeSync app's full program. It does not work. Is there any chance that Samsung will be fixing this application?

So, I then try to use the Jawbone ERA bluetooth to voice dial I learned that it used the Galaxy Nexus' voice dialer rather than the google microphone search. The Google search works fine to make any voice call, but you have to tap the microphone on the screen. But , when you speak to the bluetooth device it uses the voice dialer. I:confused:t doesn't recognize what I am saying. Is there a fix for this? After repeating myself twenty times I finally got it to dial the right person and the correct number. There has to be an easier way. Can anyone help, please?

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Hello Babyface and welcome to AF. I'm sure you will get some info in here. I personally haven't used bluetooth at all on my G Nex yet but i know some people have. If you don't mind i would like to move this to the VZW Galaxy Nexus sub forum. You will get more attention to your issue in there. Thanks for understanding and thanks for visiting AF. :)
  3. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Well-Known Member

i tried the era. the voice controls would never work through it for me. it looks ridiculous and isn't very comfortable either, so i returned it.
    trophynuts likes this.
  4. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I have the ERA. Fits well. Plays music well. Alas, for it's primary purpose (voice calls), it absolutely is the worse headset I have ever tried. Been duped.
  5. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

Bluetooth on GNEX is the best I've ever had on an Android device. My range is pretty good, I can go about 40 feet till it drops. I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Pro. The built in dialer however does suck, but there are plenty of replacement apps in the market. For starters, try Vlingo, it's free and does a pretty good job with voice dialing.