Using gingerbread with Kyocera Rise?Support

1. Gh3auxst

Gh3auxst New Member

Hey everyone, firstly, I'd like to say that this phone, in my opinion, is epic. I love mostly everything about it! I love how it handles, and it works for me. I love this damn thing. However, I do experience these random freeze ups of apps. I have no clue why it does this. It will freeze up, the phone will ask if I want to wait or press ok and then the app crashes. I've already factory reset my phone about 4 times now, but these problems still linger, however I remember with my older phone that had Gingerbread, I didn't have the freeze up issue, so I was wondering if maybe I could downgrade this firmware.

If this is a stupid question, I apologize, I don't really study up on androids, but I like to dabble when it comes to technology >.<

-thanks for reading.

Advertisement
    :
  2. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Well-Known Member

Currently, no. Kyocera has not released information that will allow us to change the preinstalled version of Ice Cream Sandwich. However, there are a few of us that are trying to break into the phone, so who knows. Maybe it won't be long before this is possible.
  3. DannySihapanya

DannySihapanya Well-Known Member

I get the same problem too. Phone freezes up and mostly restarts everytime i turn on wifi and sometimes it just restarts when it wants to.
  4. Trevon360

Trevon360 Well-Known Member

Me to i wish i could play temple run and subway surfers and other games without lag
  5. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

I think Kyocera may have some quality control issues, some of us had bad units that got exchanged and suddenly the problems were gone. Enough of us have had this that it makes me believe they're not tested properly before leaving the factory.
  6. kyocera rise k

kyocera rise k New Member

to play temple run smootlhly close all apps espicially music then open and play