Using Google Voice with Verizon Voicemail

1. RegretNothin

RegretNothin New Member

Is it possible to use both Google Voicemail and Verizon Voicemail? My problem is this:

If I miss a call from my forwarded google voice account I need it to hear message A (google voicemail). "Hi there, thanks for calling my side business my litigious boss doesn't know about, leave me a message"

If I miss a call from someone calling my phone directly, I need it to hear message B (verizon voicemail). "Hi friends and family, leave a message ill call you back. Hey Boss, nothin shady going on here, go ahead and tell me what you expect me to do even though its a holiday weekend or maybe 4:00 in the damn morning."

If this is not possible, what are my options for pulling something like this off?(besides the obvious answer of getting another line)

Advertisement
    :
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Yup. What's the problem?

Don't set up conditional call forwarding (it's not automatically set up -- you have to manually do so) to GV from your phone and calls directly to your VZW number will roll to VZW voicemail. Calls to your GV number will roll to GV voicemail.
  3. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Or you can set up a "generic" VM message in GV for all numbers you don't know. For known numbers, you can set up another VM. For your boss' number, you set up yet another VM, assuming your boss calls your VM number.

The way I have mine set up:
    Coworkers - hear my coworker message
    Sister and Mother - hear my sister and mother VM
    BF - he hears another VM
    All others -hear default VM