using gps and phone

Last Updated:

1. Jem

Jem Member This Topic's Starter

I was ready to get rid of my garmin until I realized that while using the gps on the droid you can't make or receive calls. Do you think that might be something motorolla might fix in the future? Being able to be reached in the car is very important to me

Advertisement
  2. Mysta

Mysta Active Member

Someone said they made a phonecall while gps was going, but the voice was talking while on it. Is that what you mean?

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

I can receive and make calls while navigating...

4. Jem

Jem Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, Can someone call you while you are using the GPS? Might sound like a dumb question, but I haven't used the GPS much yet and I am planning on using it Friday.

5. Ryan Pringnitz

Ryan Pringnitz New Member

I can confirm you can use your GPS while sending / receiving calls. Your GPS runs in the background. For instance, while listening to Pandora streaming radio, the GPS will pause Pandora, announce its directions, and resume the streaming radio.

6. jer.lawrence

jer.lawrence Well-Known Member

I've also received calls while using the GPS. The GPS will continue working so long as you stay in a "cached" area -- you can't use voice and data at the same time, so google maps can't download new areas while you're using voice. The navigation will continue running, though, and you can receive calls while navigating.

This has been my experience in the limited (two) cases when I've gotten calls while navigating.