• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using GrooVe IP (w/ google voice) on WiFi. Cant keep phone awake enough to get calls.

So my Cricket Sanyo Zio running 2.2.1 (OpenZio revamped custom Rom)... I do not have it connected to any service (will only work on sprint and cricket and I have At&t).

So I installed GrooVe IP and it works great making and receiving calls while I am active on the phone, but once it sits for awhile (I think about 15 minutes) the phone goes into "deep sleep?" and the wifi disconnects, and then the GrooVe IP is no longer functioning. I have gone into the advanced settings -> wifi sleep policy -> set to "Never"... but it still disconnects from the WiFi. (the AP is DD-WRT on Fon router hack).

I have tried a few different apps... "Keep WiFi alive" "WiFi Lock" and "Advanced WiFi Lock" but none of them seem to work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx

-=R=-

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones