using Handcent text app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by auburndroid, Dec 5, 2009.

1. auburndroid

auburndroid New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I've downloaded Handcent and i've disabled notifications on the default text app. Everytime i get a text though i still have to acknowledge it in both places or it keeps saying i have a message. Is there some way to get around this?

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Are you sure you have disabled them on the Default sms properly? Make sure the Vibrate and the Notification box are both un-ticked

I haven't heard anyone with issues with their disabling sms notifications before though :)

3. anyone know how to stop the popup window from coming up when your already engaged in a text convo with that person using handcent.. it is hella annoying

4. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I was wondering that too.

5. AmethysrLady

AmethysrLady New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Makeup Artist
    Missouri
    I'm having the same issue.

6. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Student
    Houston, TX
    Just go into the popup settings and you'll have the different settings for when you receive a popup and what features show up on the popup window.

7. anuleif

anuleif Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Female
    Illinois
    I'm having the same problem with handcent. I can't seem to turn off the other unknown sms notification. I've turned off everything in the native app, set handcent as the default, and it's just not making any sense why i receive two notifications. :/