Using in other countriesSupport

1. rappa

rappa Member

If I have an unlocked version of this phone, does it work in other countries like India? They haven't released this model over there, just the regular one and I'm wondering if the sims over there will work in this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

You will have to check the frequency bands supported by the carrier you intend to use. Most likely phone and text messaging will not have any problem. 3G data might not work due to frequencies T-Mobile uses.
  3. rappa

rappa Member

It's not the T-Mobile, its the one from Canada, the one that Telus has...
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Still the same issue. Check the 3G/4G frequency bands for the carrier where you intend to go.

According to Telus website, the phone supports 3GPP Release 8, 50/1700(AWS)/1900/2100 & Quad band EDGE
  5. rappa

rappa Member

I want to use Airtel or Aircel. This is what it says:

Airtel
    Network / Company: Airtel / Bharti Airtel Limited

Network Technology: GSM / 3G

2G Bands: GSM 900 / 1800

3G Bands: W-CDMA 2100

4G Bands: LTE (Planned)

2G Data: GPRS / EDGE

3G Data: HSDPA+ 21 Mbps / HSUPA 5.8 Mbps

4G Data:
  6. rappa

rappa Member

I dont know if that means it will work or not?
  7. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

Looks like you should be ok on that one, depending on coverage in the area.
  8. rault18

rault18 Well-Known Member

the galaxy S2 is a tetraband device..most likely it will..double check with the country you will be arriving to
  9. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

If your phone comes from the carrier, instead of the international model, you will need to contact your carrier customer service to request the unlock code so you can use other brand of SIM card.

First of all, you are pretty sure to be able to use your phone for voice, WIFI and 2G in another country. For 3G/4G, you do have to check the frequency. However, from my previous Tmo HTC Sensation, it doesn't show the compatible 3G/4G frequency to be used in Hong Kong. However, I bought a SIM card in Hong Kong and load it in. It shows 4G in high speed, even though the carrier only provide 3G connection.