1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Using internet Explorer with wifi-tetheringTips

1. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Well since discussion of wifi-tethering is back up and our old threads were locked ive decided to release this thread on how to browse on he internet explorer with wifi-tethering since metro pcs is filtering how we browse on their network. and this basically is the same concept as using chrome and firefox browsers by changing the user agent :D and yes it can be done by registry or if ur lazy like me by using a browser add on called user agent picker, which has some neat preloaded user agent tags already in it to choose from or you can type your own.

Ok first thing first download user agent picker free from this link:

Code (Text):
    1. http://www.enhanceie.com/ietoys/uapick.asp
    then once its installed open ur browser go to tools then toolbars then customize and u should see UA in blue on the right side select it and click move up till u see it on ur browser top right corner. now click UA icon on ur browser and erase what u see and copy & paste this into that box

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SCH-R910 Build/FROYO)

[​IMG]

click save changes and your good to go! to close that box after ur done making changes just press esc, to revert back to default browser tag just erase the user agent in the box and press save changes and it should be back to default. Anyways thanks to cafonez and TRS-80 For discussing these tags!

Their oringinal thread: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/454393-solution-wi-fi-tethering-issues.html

Advertisement
  2. reno88jt

reno88jt Active Member

I don't use tethering, but with doing this will it allow you to download from the market and save to your computer? I like to keep backups of my apps.
  3. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

No this is to use wifi from ur phone on ur pc since metro has been filtering our browsers this is a way to get around that.If you want a back up of your apps you can google your app like this " app.apk" and you will find the actual apk file to save on your computer.
  4. jajohn86

jajohn86 Member

so using this method will allow me to use the metro indulge hotspot?
  5. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Yes on ur home pc browser.
  6. reno88jt

reno88jt Active Member

Ya, I do this sometimes other times I make a backup on my phone and transfer it to the comp. I just figured it would be easier if I could get it straight from the market.
  7. lesat

lesat New Member

Hi ppl I'm so new to this android thing but I did manage to root my phone properly. Can someone help me out.? I purchased the 10 dollar tethering service n it woldnt let me tether, crickets website popped up n said I haven't purchased tethering but I have. Then I rooted and still the same. I tried all the apps for hot spot n tethering but the same happens. I'm out of ideas, can someone help please ?
  8. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

Or you could just use Opera. :) It's much faster than IE. Give it a try and see for yourself. Instructions for modifying the user-agent in Opera and Firefox are located in the original thread referenced above.
  9. Reaper man

Reaper man Well-Known Member

sure, if you don't like to have your webpages rendered correctly. :)
  10. rt-hemiboy

rt-hemiboy Well-Known Member

11. zefaia

zefaia New Member

I've done this! Works great. My cell phone is the LG Motion 770 Metro Pcs. My only problem now is, I can't seem to watch Netflix, Hbo go, Hulu, Youtube... No video's. I've been looking for different ways to fix the problem, but I keep coming up empty handed. If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated! Netflix keeps saying, "Complete System Requirements".