Using internet when not connected to WiFiSupport

Last Updated:

1. ynnad

ynnad New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I recently purchased a GTI-i9000.

GPS on it is terrible and I have ready many forums with other users experiencing the same problems. I was thinking, and wanted to clear up a cloudy understanding.

On my previous phone (iPhone 3G), when i was NOT connected to WiFi, i was still able to browse webpages etc, albeit slowly. Is that called GPRS? The form of data?

On my Galaxy, i cannot do this at all. If i am not connected to a WiFi connection, i have 0 internet. I'm just wondering if this is the cause of my dodgy GPS. Is there a setting i need to change or does the SGS not do internet if you're not connected to WiFi.

I live in Australia if that helps at all.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. caesey

caesey Well-Known Member

Your problem is related to GPRS, not GPS. Check with your service provider on how to get it enabled on your phone, most likely the data plan is not activated on your number.

3. ynnad

ynnad New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your suggestion, I will call vodafone today. Odd though that I was using the same sim card in my iphone and didn't have the problem.

4. Aznfunkydj

Aznfunkydj New Member

I have the same problem, as I could not figure out how I can turn on my mobile data option on the phone?!?!!?