Using lock button correctlySupport

Last Updated:

1. croftyboy8

croftyboy8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ladies and Gents,

I thought i might share this with you,

I have never had any issues with the lock button but some of my friends have..

it was only when i witnessed how they were using it that i realised there must be a lot of people doing it wrong and therefore experiencing issues.

my friend was holding down the button until the unlock screen appeared and keeping the button depressed until the phone unlocked,

i think the process works so much quicker if you were to press the unlock button, and then let go. the screen will then light up and you can hold the button down until the phone unlocks.

this is a much more reliable way and gets rid of the seemingly random time it takes for the unlock screen to light up.

sorry if some of you already do this but i know there must be lots of peeps out there who will benefit from this advice.

Advertisement
  2. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

This has been fixed in JB2 (1.6). Now a single quick push brings up the unlock screen.

3. Alonski

Alonski Active Member

Even though its fixed in 1.6 its still pretty annoying. Took me a few hours to get the timing on this down.

4. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

The lock button just did not work on 1.5. Independent of how pressed it. I works for me 100% of the time on 1.6. It is a little slow, but a massive improvement compared to before.

5. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Well-Known Member

Maybe this is just a happy consequence of the phone never sleeping.

6. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

That's what I was (fearfully) thinking for a while since the phoned never displayed the old locked status screen, but if you hit the back button from the unlock pattern screen it does bring it up. I guess that doesn't really prove anything, but it makes me think its a bit more likely that samsung actually put in a fix to skip over that screen when the unlock button is pressed.