• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using mp3's as ringtones

create the following folders in the root directory of your SD Card

ringtones
alarms
notifications

anything you drop into those folders will show up in the appropriate list as long as your phone is NOT connected to your computer.

you may have to format your card prior to creating those folders, some users have to do this, others don't.

Upvote 0
I am all new to the hero and i would like to know how i create the above folders, and i am having trouble to see how i can down load music to make into ringtones.

thanks

Plug your Hero into a PC via the USB connector, mount the Hero by via Notifications and you'll be able to view the SD card on your PC. Create the folders on the SD card (not in any of the folders) and copy mp3's into the folders to be able to use them.

Chegs.

Upvote 0
Plug your Hero into a PC via the USB connector, mount the Hero by via Notifications and you'll be able to view the SD card on your PC. Create the folders on the SD card (not in any of the folders) and copy mp3's into the folders to be able to use them.

Chegs.

thanks for the info, however, i cant see how i view hte SD card on my PC or how i would be able to creast the folders on the SD card. All that happens is i press mount and brings up a pop up thing on my screen with different options including , play using windows media player, copy pictures. Not sure what i should be doing from this point

Upvote 0
thanks for the info, however, i cant see how i view hte SD card on my PC or how i would be able to creast the folders on the SD card. All that happens is i press mount and brings up a pop up thing on my screen with different options including , play using windows media player, copy pictures. Not sure what i should be doing from this point

Is there a "View Folder" option? If so click that and it will allow you access to the SD card via your PC and add the folders and add music etc.

If there isn't this option in the screen that pops up, click "My Computer" and it will be available to click into through there.

Chegs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones