• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using multiple bluetooth devices at once

lemon2

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
Hello, I'm not getting any answers to these questions on XDA.

Is it possible to use more than one bluetooth device at the same time with the Galaxy S2?

I want to use the Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth headphone socket AND the Sony Ericsson Liveview.

Will connecting both devices work? Will I lose connection quality by doing this?

Should be doable. The SGS2 is my first Android device after many years of WinMo devices, and I haven't done a lot with the SGS2's BT except for the built-in handsfree system in my Audi. Every WinMo device I've ever had could connect to multiple devices simultaneously. For example, I'd connect to a BT stereo headset (supporting handsfree, A2DP and AVRCP) & keyboard at the same time.

The only problem I could see would be if you had multiple devices connecting to the same BT profile -- e.g. you can't have two handsfree devices connect at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones