• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using my HTC Desire in China

Hi,

I'm about to travel to China from the UK.

I have an HTC Desire running Froyo on Vodafone and am wondering about charges that might accrue to my account should I leave the settings unaltered.

I subscribe to a couple of news feeds and weather channels which I think access the internet for periodic updates, as well as email.

I don't want to rack up huge costs whilst I am away so how could/should I alter the phone's settings to ensure that I keep costs to a minimum?

Obviously I'm happy for the phone to connect to open wireless networks in buildings and offices, it's just where there is no network the phone currently uses the mobile network to access the web.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Chris,

If you call vodafone, they should give you their rates. Data is likely to be very expensive so I would suggest turning this off all together. All you need to do is turn off the mobile data network (safest bet). You can choose to do this by holding down the power button, or a mobile data network widget.

Reactions: chriswilliams
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones