Using my Inc's GPS through the Laptop?Support

Last Updated:

1. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of sharing the GPS device in my Dinc, so I can use it on mapping programs on my laptop, so I would need to register as a external comm device I think...

I'e heard people can do it with the camera, so I was wondering if its at all possible to do it with the GPS...

MOD please move to where you feel its good, I couldn't figure where to post it :)

Thanks all

Advertisement
  2. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

thats an interesting thought. maybe there is a way that an app can take the GPS location data and send it over blutooth?
    i would be interested in this as well but i doubt i would have an actual use for it. the phone just does so well on its own as a gps unit.

3. contagous

I would be using it for chart plotting and for location apps on my laptop... It would be handy for when I wanted a bigger screen and keyboard :)

4. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

I know I have seen the app posted somewhere. I will look a little more but just know that it is out there lol.

5. davidhite

davidhite Member

There's an app called blueNMEA. It requires root and has a bug in the lat/lon in the nmea data that may affect your position.

6. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

looking around again it doesn't look good. i think what i saw was a winmo app.

7. contagous