Using my phone as a wireless keyboard and mouse?General

Last Updated:

1. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so a friend of mine told me today that ones of his co-workers have their phone set-up where it is blue tooth connected to his laptop, His laptop is connected to his home television which makes the tv act as his monitor, then he uses his android phone as the wireless keyboard and trackball for the mouse. He wasn't sure what phone exactly he had, or what app he was using.

My questions are... is this possible with the eris? If so, is there a specific app you need to get? I know that the Eris doesn't do data over bluetooth, so i don't know if this is something that won't work now, but may work with an upgrade to 2.x.
    This is something that i would be interested in doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

I don't know of any apps that let you connect via bluetooth. He's probably using an app called gmote, free in the app store (with a version that lets you donate to the devs). It works pretty damn well, there are a few minor bugs, but overall it's really stellar. It works great with 1.5, so I assume it will work when we finally get bumped to 2.x.

Just keep in mind this works over wi-fi, so won't work ANYWHERE--just where you have access to a wireless network. But works great for me at home and on campus. There might be an app that does this via bluetooth, but I don't know of any--only know of this and mkRemote for Android, and airmouse for iPhone, all of which use wi-fi.

Good luck!

3. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tried the ones you mentioned and mkRemote must be the one. Useful app. Goes through wifi. have to download the server to your computer. then you can easily use your phone as your keyboard and mouse. Thanks for the info.

4. eepaul

eepaul Member

5. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member

so wait let me get this straight this app, ehich ever ne lets you use your phone as a keyboard and mouse but works on wifi??

so do you need to do anything to the computer to have this happen, perfectly??

6. eepaul

eepaul Member

Set up once, you are all set.
    The bluewave server will automatically start when booting up.

7. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

8. eepaul

eepaul Member

9. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member

truth be told i dont know what i was saying either

10. Surreyuser

Surreyuser Active Member

I have installed mkRemote on my phone and downloaded the program to my computer. Now, can someone explain to me how to get it to work - i.e. how do I get my computer and phone connected via my WiFi router?