• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using my phone with a bluetooth Prius

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
I got a new Prius this weekend and it has bluetooth connectivity, something I've not had before. I've paired the car with my phone and listening to music and audiobooks works great (though using the pause button on the car screen only pauses play for a couple of seconds so something isn't working there).

When I try to use the handsfree phone, it dials the number and shows contacts, but the audio stays on the phone, not through the bluetooth speakers.

I don't know if the Moto Play doesn't support the bluetooth on the car, or if there is some setting I need to make on my phone. And it's possible that I don't have something set correctly on the audio system on the car.

Can anyone make a suggestion how to proceed?

Check your BT settings to be sure everything is selected. Settings/BT/find your Prius and click the settings wheel. There should be options there.
When I check the settings, media audio is checked but phone audio is not. I try to select it, but the check mark wrong 6 stay. I also noticed that the BT button on a call is grayed out. The same occurs with my bluetooth headphones.

Is there another setting I'm missing?

Upvote 0
That's the only place I know to look on the phone. I think it's the car actually, the buttons are gray because it's not an option and I have no idea where to look there (car settings). Is there an owner's manual that has BT instructions? I can't imagine you can't use your phone for BT calls these days. Seems odd at best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones