• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using of Camera on Slim Beam on Samsung s3, reboots my phone

ibingame

Lurker
May 13, 2013
Hello,
I am using a Samsung Galaxy s3 and was on the latest JB software. Yesterday I changed my rom to Slim beam 4.2.2 build 5.
The rooting, the flashing and the installing went perfect, but realized that my phone simply reboots when:
1) I try to use Skype
2) I try to use my Camera. Other camera apps also dont work. It simply reboots my phone.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
I

Welcome to the forum.

There's a chance that it's a problem with the ROM so flashing a different ROM may solve the problem. Did you restore any system apps after flashing the ROM? If so wipe again and then only restore downloaded apps and data.

Which variant of the gs3 do you have? I'll move this over to the relevant all things root forum where others will be best equipped to help you out:)

Upvote 0
Hello,
I am using a Samsung Galaxy s3 and was on the latest JB software. Yesterday I changed my rom to Slim beam 4.2.2 build 5.
The rooting, the flashing and the installing went perfect, but realized that my phone simply reboots when:
1) I try to use Skype
2) I try to use my Camera. Other camera apps also dont work. It simply reboots my phone.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
I

First try to resolve this by clearing cache and dalvik cache followed by fixing permissions - you need to do this in your custom recovery. I would also recommend Philz Touch recovery 5.03.0 being the latest version. This has worked for me with similar issues after moving from Stock based custom ROMs to an AOSP/AOKP 4.2.2 ROM. I used to be on TWRP recoveries until I had major issues with the latest release so would suggest Philz.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones