• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

using phone as a mouse.

after looking through the play store for an application that allows me to use my phone as a mouse for my tablet, i realised it was not going to be as easy as i first thought. there seems to be plenty of applications allowing me to use my phone as a mouse for my desktop, but none for android to android.

I hope that their are some users out there that can help.

Beans.

I was going to post a link to Unified Remote, but I had misread your question :p

The only thing I can think of is buying a bluetooth mouse, which should be able to connect to your tablet, and then control the tablet with that[/QUOTE

Tried that, did not work. The mouse i got registers as an input device and only allows one at a time to be used. This is a problem as I use a BT keyboard. but thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
Android to Android mouse? I don't think there is something like that. I know there is Android to windows where you can use a mouse.[/QUOTE

I refuse to believe that no developers out there have developed such an application when so many alternatives exist. you can use a phone as a keyboard, a game controller and even a media remote, so it seems unlikely you cant use one as a mouse/trackpad.

Upvote 0
Can you plug in a usb mouse with an OTG cable?

PS to quote someone, you need to make sure the last bit is
:p[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what i'm using at the moment, but can only use it when its not charging. I've tried using 'bt controller' app, and 'tablet remote' app, but neither will act as a track pad, although they both have some functions in which to control another android device.

Upvote 0
theres an app called BlueputDroid that is supposed to let your phone act as a keyboard and mouse over bluetooth, says it works with windows, linux & ps3 may be worth a shot but needs a rooted phone.

you could also get a bluetooth mouse if you don't mind dropping a bit of cash, it would be probably the easiest solution.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
after looking through the play store for an application that allows me to use my phone as a mouse for my tablet, i realised it was not going to be as easy as i first thought. there seems to be plenty of applications allowing me to use my phone as a mouse for my desktop, but none for android to android.

I hope that their are some users out there that can help.

Beans.
I've just posted the info you need in another thread but don't know how to link to it! - Here it is again:

I've just come across Limitless Remote which looks as if it might be the thing we've been looking for. I installed Limitless Remote Service on my tablet and Limitless Remote on my phone. It works fine as a mouse, keybord, media controller, voice to text input etc. I'm doing it wirelessly with them both on the same LAN but it claims to support Bluetooth as well. The only disadvantage for some will be that the tablet (i.e. the controlled device) has to be rooted for it to work.

Upvote 0
I've just posted the info you need in another thread but don't know how to link to it! - Here it is again:

I've just come across Limitless Remote which looks as if it might be the thing we've been looking for. I installed Limitless Remote Service on my tablet and Limitless Remote on my phone. It works fine as a mouse, keybord, media controller, voice to text input etc. I'm doing it wirelessly with them both on the same LAN but it claims to support Bluetooth as well. The only disadvantage for some will be that the tablet (i.e. the controlled device) has to be rooted for it to work.

Going to definitely try this. :)

Upvote 0

I somehow missed this post.

Here is the Play link for those like me that want to try it.:)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dh.ControlPad.main&hl=en

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones