Using phone desktop while on callSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lawlcat

Lawlcat Member This Topic's Starter

I've had an issue with any phone call if I go to desktop with it. Say I'm on a call, press the home key or whatever to pull up contacts, messages, mail, etc, I then have no way of getting back to hang up the call.

If I try to swipe down the top bar, the phone locks. If I hit unlock, the phone's screen flashes on, then about half a second later unlocks. It does this over and over with no way of getting the phone to let me unlock it. Occasionally if I'm quick enough I can slide down to get it unlocked and see the desktop, but then it locks immediately again.

Halp?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

try a hard reset

are you able to pull down the notification bar any other time?

3. Lawlcat

Yep, aside from that the phone works flawlessly. And if I don't go to desktop while on the call, I can exit the call just fine. It's only if I minimize the call window to use the desktop. I can see the little green phone up on the notification bar

4. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Just touch the screen where it says phone on the bottom when on the desktop screen and it should pull up your call and you'll be able to disconnect it by hitting end.

5. Lawlcat

The problem is I can't touch anything on the screen because it keeps locking and turning the screen off every second or so.

I think I may have it figured out though, I think the way I hold the phone may be covering the proximity sensor regardless of if it's up to my face or not.

6. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Well-Known Member

Lawlcat, that sounds like a likely cause for this behavior. Have you been able to verify yet?