• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using phone on Viewpad 7

d3matt

Jan 19, 2011
I've just picked one of these up today as I wanted phone functionality. Now a bit disappointed that the phone seems to only work in handsfree loudspeaker mode.
If I turn off speaker, it must only then work via bluetooth or via the jack port. Is this right?

Not to come across as rude or anything, but why in the world would you pick up a 7 inch tablet and intend to use it as a phone? Yes, this device can work as a phone (which is rare for a tablet), but there are far better/less unwieldy devices (like a Dell Streak, at 5 inches) out there for that purpose...

In my tests, when it's off speakerphone and with no headphones (like the included ones) in, the other party can hear me, but I can't hear them. That being said, as mentioned, this device came with a set of headphones with a microphone built in, presumably just for that reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones