using RSS

Last Updated:

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

can anyone explain to me how to use RSS? every time I try to add a feed it says there is a problem with the URL. I'm copying and pasting so I don't understand the issue.

the reason I posted this question here is because I am rooted and the lasted time I posted something outside of the root section after rooting, it got moved here anyway. any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Forgive me, but what is RSS?:confused:

3. oOMavrikOo

its an app that allows you to read news feeds without actually accessing the website that it originates from. theres a couple I enjoy reading every now an then (including this sites) but can't seem to get the app to recognize the URLs. anyone got a suggestion?

andygu3 likes this.
  4. oOMavrikOo

@Andy. there's an RSS feed at the top of this forum. that might give you a better clue as to what I'm talking about.

andygu3 likes this.
  5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. Like the others said, it lets you subscribe to news feeds and all of the news you are interested in is aggregated in one spot for you to read instead of bouncing from website to website. You can filter the news by tags so you get the type of articles you want. It is really a great thing to use to efficiently read your news for the day without opening up tons of websites.

The mobile version of Google Reader is actually very good if you want to use that and it works right in any Android web browser (or any mobile web browser for that matter) so it is worth a try. Most of the apps in the Android Market can sync with Google Reader, so if you read an RSS feed in one place you will not have to read it again on your handset or elsewhere, unless you want to.

andygu3 likes this.
  6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys!!

7. oOMavrikOo

@LBP. Can you explain why I can't get RSS to work?