Using Samsung Note 3 with MAC (Music File Transfer)General

1. lukeyp03

lukeyp03 New Member

Hi All,
    I am new here so hope have put post in right spot...
    Anyway, I have now a new Note 3 and have purchased an external 64GB micro card to add all my music onto.
    Having realised my card reader doesn't recognise this card, I am now trying to put files on whilst in my new Android phone.
    I have been down the 'path' of having to uninstall Kies, download Android File Transfer ... etc and slowly getting through my library.
    My problem is:
    When I have my Music open on my Macbook, files open from an external drive, and the Samsung Note 3 open, I am limited to transfer one file at a time.
    BUT this isn't the main issue, the problem now that the window is full as such on the SN3, disallowing me to just 'drag and drop' files as before with another media player.
    I am guessing there is a very easy solution but I can't work it out at present.
    The whole idea of the SN3 was to have a phone, camera, media player and computer all in one, yet I'm finding it challenging using Android or thus any newer types of Operating Systems.
    Can someone suggest what I could do, I did consider just trf'ing all my stuff on a PC, yet then I can't extract a large music library off there, and onto my new SN3.
    Also, this doesn't solve my situation as a Mac user.
    HELP!!!!!!!
    Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. MikeCallery

MikeCallery Member

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but will offer some advice. I have a MacBook Pro and use my Note 3, but forgo iTunes.

What I have found, at least for me, to be a much better solution, is to load up Google's music manager on my MacBook. It will screen all of your music in iTunes and then put it up into Google's cloud under Google Play Music. This works well in that now, you can get to your music on any computer, anywhere. Furthermore, like iTunes, you can create playlists. What I like a lot is that on my Note 3, I can mark albums, or songs, or artists, or playlists to be d/l to the Note 3 and kept offline so I am not spooling it every time.

After I did this, I actually erased all my music out of iTunes and then, downloaded all my music from Google's Play Music back to my computer and it was now in mp3 format!