1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Using Skype 3G app internationally to call the US

Last Updated:

1. brian.q.g

brian.q.g New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 19, 2010
    Hi everyone, I have a pretty specific question I hope somebody can help me answer. I live in the US (New York City, specifically) and my girlfriend lives in Bangkok, Thailand. I use a rooted Verizon Motorola Droid and she uses some sort of Blackberry on their cell provider, AIS. I recently downloaded the cracked version of the skype application, which allows me to place skype calls over my 3G service.

My question is, if I purchase her an Android phone to use, provided it works normally over their GSM network with the right sim card, will the same cracked skype app allow her to make free 3G calls to me via the service?

She already pays for unlimited email and internet service on her blackberry, and from my research, buying an unlocked phone in the States will give us no trouble in allowing her to use it there. Does anyone have any insight/experience with this?

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    You will be able to use skype to call her.

You have to make sure that you buy a phone that will work with Singapore 3G networks as those osld in the US can be different from those use in other parts of the world.