Using Skype on ATT Aria - WiFi only or 3G?

1. yelloboy

yelloboy New Member

Hi everyone,

Considering purchasing an Aria from ATT - I use Skype quite a bit (Symbian powered Nokia E72 right now), and am concerned about using it on the ATT Aria.

I understand that Skype recently released a version for Android that will work over WiFi.

However, I very much enjoy the flexibility on the Nokia as I can use Skype via ATT's 3G network; limiting Skype to WiFi seems, well, limiting.

Is there any way that you can make Skype/Skype Out calls on the Aria using your regular 3G network connection? Rooting, anything? Any way? Thanks! This will go a long ways in helping this decision...

Advertisement
    :
  2. hamman

hamman New Member

Don't waste your time using the aria app for skype on either 3g or wifi. Neither one of them is worth a darn. It is a text only app, no pictures, no voice, no sending or receiving attachments, nothing at all like the skype for pc or skype for iphone. It is very slow to use unless you like to text or happen to have a full keyboard type phone versus the aria that has the touch screen. It is awful as the spell check feature seems to always be correcting words you type making it even slower going. None of skype out or call forwarding features you have come to know on the "REAL" skype. However the app is free but not worth the battery life it drains. However, if you in a "wifi" setting, definitely turn off "3g" so that your not burning up airtime unless you have an extremely slow "wifi" connection. Good luck.