• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using the alarm (and disabling everything else)

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
Hi all,

is it true that the alarm doesn't work if the phone is switched off?
It does with Nokias, and that's something I'm going to miss if I decide to switch to Androids...

Anyway, what's the best way to minimize battery consumption while the alarm is set? I guess I'd set the airplane mode, to disable all data connections, but what's the best way to make sure that all other applications are closed, so that battery is preserved and that I'm awaken only by the alarm, and not by notifications from other apps? Is there something like a 'sleep' or 'minimal' mode which disables all apps? Or shall I close them one by one before going to sleep? Would I need to download a task manager for that?

I use the app Timeriffic
asset-65074-qr-82.png
...Control mute, vibrate, brightness, wifi and airplane on/off custom to your schedule.
Airplane mode (it's not killing the internet conn) + Wifi OFF is the best solution to have a Silent night. Be sure that your alarm clock is on the Ignore list of the AppKiller or the Alarm will not go on. You don't need an Task manager but if you use one the ATK is a good option (don't abuse it or you'll make you phone unstable... the android kills the apps randomly so you'll have always a fast phone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones