Using the alarm with the phone on silentGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hkrn44

hkrn44 Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to turn the phone on silent but still have the alarm go off in the morning? I was able to do this with my env touch. I would just set it to "alarm only" for the volume setting. Any he

Advertisement
  2. Adam63impala

Adam63impala Well-Known Member

yes you can. i do it every day

3. Adam63impala

Adam63impala Well-Known Member

also, i have noticed this. the alarm loudness is controlled by the media volume, if u listen to music during the day but turn the volume down, itll also turn down the volume for the alarm. so when u set ur alarm make sure its turned up by pressing the volume rocker on the side of the phone while ur setting the alarm!

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Good to know. I'll need to start using my phone as an alarm this summer, so... ;)

5. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

+1.

I turn my volume down to silent so I don't get loud email notification emails, text, and since I am a manager the occasional 5am "I'm calling in sick call".

Options:

1. When setting your alarm, use the up and down volume control, should say "alarm volume".

2. Download AudioManager in Market, I use it to double check my alarm volume.

6. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

Really? I haven't experienced this. I just checked in AudioManager and it is not the case with me. My alarm volume is at 5/7 and my Media volume is at 9/15.

If that is the case, this is why I normally double check it in AudioManager, especially on Sunday nights, nothing worse than over sleeping on a Monday morning.