General Using the Dev Phone as a normal G1 and general Qs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Goooooooooogle, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Hi, I haven't been around here for a long time but I know basic Android stuff, however I'd like to know a few things as my Nokia 5800 seems to have packed in after 2 weeks and I hate the damn thing, but Android looks promising and I've been interested in it since it came out.

However, I need a pay as you go phone and no Android phone is on pay as you go without a stupidly high (probably SIM free)

Advertisement
  2. Not too sure about this one, sorry.
    One of the builds I've used was a Dev phone build and I was using my G1 as a regular phone so yes it is possible.
    Yup!

Thinking that you are responsible, no they aren't easy to break. I use mine a lot and it's still going strong.

As I said, I had the Dev phone build on my G1 and I was able to download, install, and launch apps.

3. Thanks for that!

The Dev Phone apparently costs $399 which is

4. You gotta pay for shiny things :)

5. eagle

eagle Member

May 9, 2009
    NL-Rotterdam
    Shipping outside the US is redicilously high indeed.

6. All I can say is just keeping googleing and ebaying to see if you can find a great deal. Or find someone who is trusting and trustworthy which is going to be hard. I wouldn't trust anyone.

7. Google, being such a global company, could easily just ship them to local warehouses or something though so the customer dosen't have to foot the huge bill.

8. Does anyone know what the total cost will be? Anyone in the UK who got a Dev Phone? It's very important because I'm getting a replacement for my 5800 and if the Dev Phone costs too much I'll need to keep the new 5800 for a bit so I need to know whether or not to open it.

Thanks in advance!

Tags: