Using the Droid X2 on pageplus

1. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the Droid X2 on page-plus here? I am looking to buy one on eBay for about $250, and I don't use more than page-plus offers(usually) whats your experience? Did you have to do anything special to the Droid x2? Also, what carrier are you using your phone on?
    TIA :D

Advertisement
  2. splifmyster

splifmyster Well-Known Member

Hey im on Pageplus with DROID x2 and no u don't have to anything to the phone and it good just that data run out to quick
  3. OkeeChloe

OkeeChloe Active Member

I just activated my x2 on page plus, bought mine off ebay also for $132, $250 seems a little steep unless it comes with extras. The only thing I had to do was a factory reset the previous owners info was still on the phone. You should also get the esn# and make sure it's clean with page plus before you buy.
  4. Krischev

Krischev New Member

I am using my Droid X2 on PagePlus. I bought it on eBay used in good condition for 62$ shipped. I get excellent service and the data is fast. Im probably going to be rooting soon because this phone has a tendency to lag to the point of crashing. Its an overall good phone though. Especially for the money.

Posted from my X2
  5. Simpsons11

Simpsons11 Member

I am on Page Plus with Droid X2. Depending on what plan you are going with, I would root the phone and install droid wall to prevent background data when not on wifi.

$250 are you buying used? I just but a used one for 60 bucks for my mother that was in good shape.
  6. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

The OP was probably buying used - almost two years ago - though I'm pretty sure that was on the high side even back then.
  7. Simpsons11

Simpsons11 Member

I did not even notice how old this post originally was... I just saw it up top and assumed it was new but looks like it was bumped by the poster above me.
  8. jmarkjones

jmarkjones New Member

I just bought two Motorola Droid x2s off ebay-excellent price ($69 each) refurbs that look like new. Activated on Page Plus...work great. Is there an easy way to stop the phone from using data on 3g and only use Wi-Fi when in range? My daughter has unknowingly used up quite a chunk of her monthly data in just a couple of days. I suspect that it's apps synching and updating when she's out of range-unknown to her. I think we've got it turned off now where they will only synch on wi-fi.

I thought of using an App-killer but I'm seeing that these are sometimes counter-productive?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
  9. themib

themib Well-Known Member

change
    menu>system settings>battery & data manager>
    data saver should be check, if you are trying to limit data usage
    and
    menu>system settings>battery & data manager>data delivery
    uncheck 'data enabled' to disable 3g
    uncheck 'background data' to limit 3g
    note: exact locations may vary
  10. Simpsons11