Using the headset to end a callSupport

Last Updated:

1. nse

nse New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone successfully used the Nexus One headset to end a call? In the manual it says that you press the button on the headset once to mute/unmute a call, or press and HOLD to hang up a call.

When I press and HOLD all that happens is the phone goes to hold; the phone does not hang up. Furthermore while searching online I see that everyone else is experiencing this problem as well. There are many threads of people having problems, but I can't find anyone that has successfully gotten this feature to work.

Has anyone here gotten this feature to work? I'm about to exchange this phone for a new one if it's a defect, but if all of the Nexus One phones are like this, then it makes little sense to exchange it for a new one.

Advertisement
  2. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

I just click it to end. Works fine for me.

nse likes this.
  3. nse

Thanks SnotF.

Anyone else? Is anyone else able to use the long-press to end a call? If I can get 4 or 5 affirmative responses, then I'll know that my phone is defective and I'll send it back for a replacement.

4. sourmilk

sourmilk Well-Known Member

i've used 3 different headphones with mic, one blackberry and two iphone compatible, and they all end the call with a single click. never tried the included headphones.
    you should try a different headset, since it may be that your headphones are defective.

nse likes this.
  5. nse

Thanks for your input sourmilk! I'm coming from using an iPhone for 2.5 years. I tried the stock iPhone headphones, the iPhone 3GS w/ remote and mic headphones, v-moda vibe duo headphones, and Senheisser noise-cancelling MM50 headphones and none of them seem to work correctly with my Nexus One.

These headsets all work with my iPhone 2G and my iPhone 3GS so I'm now positive that it's my Nexus One handset. Looks like I'll have to call HTC to get a replacement.

Thanks everyone for your input!