• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using the IM app...

Yugami

Sep 28, 2009
I've had my IM app open overnight and got some messages sent. I get a text message from sprint to go to a website to retrieve the message. The link brings me to a wml page that brings up the code for the page instead of loading and provides a midlet link that I couldn't open by typing it in manually.

Is this because of the sense ui's browser? I was wondering if there's any way for me to use the Android browser? I'll probably end up just getting the meebo app, but I would really like to see the messages I've gotten so far with the IM app.

I've had my IM app open overnight and got some messages sent. I get a text message from sprint to go to a website to retrieve the message. The link brings me to a wml page that brings up the code for the page instead of loading and provides a midlet link that I couldn't open by typing it in manually.

Is this because of the sense ui's browser? I was wondering if there's any way for me to use the Android browser? I'll probably end up just getting the meebo app, but I would really like to see the messages I've gotten so far with the IM app.

I assume you are talking about the 9103 messages you are receiving?

Dont bother trying to retrieve your messages through that text. It wont help. Its not your browser, its just not set up to redirect you to that app.

Upvote 0
I assume you are talking about the 9103 messages you are receiving?

Dont bother trying to retrieve your messages through that text. It wont help. Its not your browser, its just not set up to redirect you to that app.

I get this same message from 9103 and frankly its aggravating. I heard the text buzz around midnight last night and it woke me up. Thinking it was from someone important I went to my device and it was just that text from 9103. I called Sprint about it today and they said they fixed it and they blocked that # from texting me but I still get messages from it.

Upvote 0
I get this same message from 9103 and frankly its aggravating. I heard the text buzz around midnight last night and it woke me up. Thinking it was from someone important I went to my device and it was just that text from 9103. I called Sprint about it today and they said they fixed it and they blocked that # from texting me but I still get messages from it.
Somone said the Instinct had this problem as well, and its from IM clients not being open anymore but the IMs are still being sent to your phone. So Im assuming you still "appear" to be logged in.

Upvote 0
Somone said the Instinct had this problem as well, and its from IM clients not being open anymore but the IMs are still being sent to your phone. So Im assuming you still "appear" to be logged in.

Correct, i know this from WinMo, except i believe on my Touch they came from 9107. It was some time ago though so i could be mistaken, or it could have changed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones